Another week is in the books, friends! Now, if we can just pump the brakes on Saturday and Sunday and take them nice and slow, all will be good. This week was pretty run of the mill for me, but I have no complaints! Lots of workouts (one of which left every muscle in the upper half of my body sore for a solid two days…including the ones in my armpits. I didn’t even know that was possible!) and one too many hours staring into the computer screen. Oh, and I finally pulled the trigger on a new couch. It should be here in the coming weeks and I can’t wait to get it in my space and of course, share it with you all!
I don’t have any real plans for the coming days and that’s a-okay with me – I’m just going to go with the flow.
I’m excited to be taking over the Windy City Blogger Collective‘s Instagram account for the weekend, so be sure to follow along with me there!
Song of the week: The Knocks – HEAT (feat. Sam Nelson Harris). SO GOOD!! Turn it up and listen as you browse the rest of this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Is it too soon to start outfit planning for Miami and St. Simons? No? Okay, good. If you sign up for the Alice + Olivia email list you can get 15% off the blue and white striped dress I picked up earlier this week, and they offer free shipping! I can’t wait to pair it with my Charleston Rice Beads, a fresh pair of tennies, and a straw tote.
- Several of you asked about my striped iPhone case on Instagram stories and sadly, I can’t find it online anywhere! I bought it at the AT&T store when I purchased my phone. I love this striped iPhone 7 plus case, though!
- Ashlee was so kind to have me kick off her new series highlighting influential women in Chicago. I dished my advice for twenty-somethings toying with the idea of moving to a new city, my favorite part about living in Chicago (hint: it’s two words), and a slew of other things!
- An amazing read on closure via Hallie.
- Can’t wait to get my hands on How to Murder Your Life after reading (most of) Meg’s post – didn’t want to spoil it!
- I picked this L’Oreal face mask up on a recent Talenti run (which is becoming a real problem), and I can’t say enough good things about it! Sure, the color causes you to resemble something of an oompa loompa for the 15 minutes you’re wearing it, but that’s a small sacrifice for the results, if you ask me.
- The Shopbop buy more, save more sale is going on through Saturday! I linked some of my favorite picks below, but be sure to browse the finds under $50, too!
- Tips to avoid blogging burnout, because we’ve all been there at one time or another.
- Who’s coming over for cupcake pancakes this weekend?
- On the blog: Justifying the purchase of yet another striped shirt. You can see the full look from the top photo above in this post. And lastly, it’s crunch time when it comes to my winter bucket list! It shouldn’t go unmentioned that I’m okay if I don’t get the chance to take that long walk in the snow. I think I’ll survive. 😉
Photo by Maya of Charmingly Styled