Hello, September! I did a double-take when I looked at my calendar this morning. Where did the summer go?!
It’s been go, go, go for me this week, but I can’t complain! I had the opportunity to stop in Credo Beauty for a facial with Wendy on Wednesday and it was incredible. I already scheduled my next appointment with her and I walked away feeling more motivated than ever to clean up my beauty cabinet! (I actually just ordered my second bottle of DERMAdoctor’s Kakadu C Serum, which has been great for the the melasma I’ve been battling. If you’re looking for something to brighten and even out your skin tone, I can’t recommend it more.) I’m also working on a post highlighting my favorite spots to get pampered in Chicago, but if you have any questions for me in the interim, ask away!
Other than that, I squeezed in a few workouts and got quite a bit of work done. Last night I planned to stay in and get some things done around my apartment and somehow ended up at my first Bears game with Katie and Sarah instead! I’m really livin’ for those spontaneous girls’ nights.
The devastation in Houston is absolutely heartbreaking. Ashley put together a great list of ways to help if you’re still looking to do so.
Song of the week: Milky Chance – Stolen Dance (an oldie, but a goodie). Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- I shared this shirtdress I picked up for under $25 on Twitter and can’t wait to wear it over my black skinnies with these heels! I’ve still got a thing for #allblackeverything.
- I also invested in my first turtleneck sweater for the upcoming season. Guys, it’s SO soft.
- …and how good is this suede moto jacket? All the fall feels.
- This wrap-tie skirt is super flattering on and is the perfect transition piece as we move into cooler months.
- But scoop up these versatile sandals for $30 and you’ll be set come next spring/summer!
- …and check out Alice & Wonder’s summer sale! The sandals above would look great with this striped peplum top…just sayin’.
- Two birds, one stone (and a better butt!)
- I’m excited to start the 52 Lists Project on Monday! It’s been a really long time since I’ve journaled (probably because this blog is like my journal, in a way) and it will be nice to log some time away from my computer screen.
- If you aren’t following along with Hallie’s Euro-trip, you should be. She’s giving me a serious case of wanderlust.
- My friend Kit perfected the art of muffin tops and I’m not-so-secretly hoping she whips these up again for our next co-working date 🙃
- While we’re on the topic of baking, who wants to come over and make these with me? We all know how my last round of cookie baking went (#lostcause)
- A great read on four boundaries you may not know you need. Yes, yes, YES.
- Best Labor Day sales to shop: 30% off at J. Crew and tons of great pieces marked down on Shopbop
- On the blog: I shared my second Q&A and a few the cutest yoga mat and other fitness favorites!
SHOP THE POST:
What are your plans for the long weekend? I’m heading over to Sarah’s on Sunday for a little get together, but other than that, I’m just going with the flow!