Hi guys! It’s been a minute, hasn’t it? I didn’t intend to leave this space unattended for so long and I’m excited to catch you up to speed!
I spent last Thursday down in Miami with my high school friend Jetter for her birthday and then we made the drive up to St. Simons Island, Georgia for the remainder of the weekend! Her parents own a house down there and it is like a little slice of heaven in the south. What I wouldn’t give to wake up to that pool every morning!
Her mom’s group of friends take a girls trip there every year and when they invited me along I jumped at the chance. Let it be known, those gals know how to have a good time and as a result, I left with some of the best memories.
Most of the weekend was spent sipping adult beverages by the pool while simultaneously soaking up every last drop of Vitamin D the sun was willing to give up. Saturday afternoon we made our way to the top of the St. Simons lighthouse and then caught the sunset from the rooftop deck of their house which was incredible (#nofilter).
My last morning there we took a long walk on the beach, noshed on pizza, and then popped in an out of a few of the shops in the neighborhood before I had to take off for the airport!
I spent the first three days of the week trying to get ahead on work before my best friend Whitney picked me up from the airport in Kansas City yesterday morning! We headed straight to our favorite spot on the Plaza to catch up over lunch before I met up with my sister for some family time.
The rest of my time here is pretty well mapped out so I can see everyone before I head back to the city on Sunday afternoon! I’m supposed to be running a 5k tomorrow morning and then tailgating at the Royals game for my gal Erin’s birthday, but with 100% chance of rain, we’re sort of at the mercy of Mother Nature!
So there you have it, a whirlwind two weeks and an even crazier weekend ahead. But honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Anything exciting going on in your world?
Song of the week: Mod Sun – Goddess (ft. G-Eazy). Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- A few Mother’s Day gift ideas: These leather cosmetic cases (which I talked more about here!), this gold bracelet (I love this rose gold and black version, too!), a pretty floral notebook, a stylish pair of house slippers, an on-trend rattan wicker satchel, or a coffee table book she’ll actually want to read.
- My favorite sports bra comes in several new colors. I may or may not have ordered them all (justifying this purchase on account of the fact that they’re super affordable and I wear them all. the. time.)
- A quick and easy recipe for a croissant brie grilled cheese. Have mercy.
- My sister’s incredibly talented friend Chanté designed this Kansas City girl midi dress for Free People and I don’t know what I love more, the cutout, the dainty tie straps, or the button up front!
- Swooning over these open-toed mules. The only question is navy or orange?
- It’s almost tequila time and my friends Maya and Sarah put together a few recipes so you can throw a festive fête!
- For those of you who are bloggers (and anyone interested in learning more about what goes on behind the scenes of blogging): “If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, it’s a duck.”
- On a similar note: Krista’s take on Instagram has me contemplating a different approach to how I’ve been using the platform. What’s your take?
SHOP THE POST:
p/s I promise I haven’t forgotten about your questions! I’ve been working on a few bigger posts to answer some of the ones that were asked by several of you.