It was one of those weeks where I’m not sure if it’s only Friday or already Friday. My days were a bit all over the place and the gloomy weather definitely took a toll on my mood (and productivity, admittedly).But the sun is out and Chicago is making everything right this weekend with a forecast of 70 and sunny!
I mentioned last Friday I was heading to the Chicago Bulls game with American Express to the celebrate the launch of their new Platinum Card and my girlfriend Erin and I had the BEST time. We met Scottie Pippen, sipped Big Star margaritas, overindulged in cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B’s, and laughed until our cheeks hurt.
I haven’t forgotten about the questions you sent my way! I’ve been working through my answers and toying around with the best way to share my answers. I’m thinking some of them might require a full blog post! If you’ve still got an inquiring mind, you can leave me a comment or shoot me an email.
Song of the week: Mod Sun – Goddess (ft. G-Eazy). Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- I picked up these Celiné look-alikes in black yesterday for $8! My bank account is thanking you, Old Navy.
- Do you guys read your horoscope each month? I always do and it’s pretty spot on for this Cancer.
- My hips are always tight. I attribute it to a decent amount of sitting and the stress I put on my body running back-to-back…to back half marathons. It’s something I’ve been working through in yoga since January and I feel like I’m finally making some progress! I’m tucking these hip openers in my back pocket for the next time I find myself with a little extra time on my mat.
- I ordered two new books this week and I’m beyond excited to unplug on my flight down to Florida and dive in. Only problem? I’m not sure whether to start The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck or You are a Badass at Making Money first! Remember when I raved about Jen’s first book, You are a Badass, last year?
- philosophy sent me these brightening peel pads and I’m anxious to test them out and report back on how my skin looks and feels. It’s suggested you use them once a week, so I want to be sure to give them time to do their job before I do! They promise to brighten discoloration, improve clarity, and buff away fine lines – all of which I could use desperately after my first winter in Chicago.
- The Loeffler Randall friends and family sale is happening now (use code LRFAMILY for 20% off). I’m swooning over these pom pom heels and I’m still lusting after these tassel sandals…you know, a whole year after first laying my eyes on them. That means something, right?
- Kate Spade’s new convertible handbags are a genius. This Byrdie bag + this stripe flap, please!
- Who here remembers Texts From Last Night? I stumbled upon the Overheard in Chicago Instagram account a while back and it has the same feel. Basically, what people actually say when they think no one else is listening.
SHOP THE POST:
I’m planning to have a productive weekend which I’m sure I’ll thank my future self for after looking at my schedule for the next month and a half!