Happy Friday, everyone! Today is my little sister’s 23rd birthday! I’m so proud of the woman she is, and will never be able to fully express what a gift sweet Camilla has been to me – and to our whole family for that matter. That girl lights up my whole world.
I’ve been busy busy over here this week. But aren’t we all? My mind has been in overdrive mode, churning out lots of ideas and projects I hope to bring to fruition in the coming weeks/months! I’ll admit, I’ve had a bit of a hard time keeping up, but it’s nothing a solid desk day can’t fix. How did the week treat you?
As for the weekend ahead, I’m going to experience my first St. Patrick’s Day celebration in CHI and I can hardly wait! If only the weather wasn’t going to be full on winter, le sigh.
Song of the week: Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (Nevada remix). Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- This heart-wrenching story reduced me to a puddle of tears when I read it last week (in the backseat of an Uber, no less). You might want to save it for the end, but I didn’t want you to miss it. And don’t forget the tissues!
- Living in Chicago now, I realize I need to invest in some sort of outerwear to don between winter and, well, the the tail end of spring. This Barbour jacket looks like the perfect weight (read: not heavy like my parka) and the color is so light and fresh!
- I need to take trip to OHIO. Loved this post on how to spend less time online, something that’s been causing me a decent amount of stress as of late.
- Chicago gals! I did a rare thing and splurged on a gel mani (my first) and pedi last Sunday and can’t say enough good things about ZaZaZoo Nail Salon in Bucktown. My friend Katie recommended it to me and it just might become my monthly treat!
- How pretty would this pink crossbody bag (which is 25% off with code SHOPTOIT) look with a floral bandana tied around the strap? Yes, please!
- Swooning over these red and pink color block heels. I think I can fit one more pair in my closet 😉
- A girlfriend of mine asked me about my Ray-Ban aviators (Black/G-15 style) after she saw a snap of mine. I’ve been wearing them non-stop lately!
- I shared this magnetic face mask in a previous post, but I came across this skin rejuvenation kit from Dr. Brandt earlier this week and it’s too good of a deal not to share again.
- On the blog: my forever spring color crush(es) – these yellow tassel earrings are my favorite, still so thankful for the love trickling in on this post (seriously, can’t tell you how grateful I am for your messages!), can’t wait to get my new couch into this space next week!
SHOP THE POST: