Friday, we made it! Now, where did we leave off last?…Last week I had the opportunity to spend the evening out on Lake Michigan with the Windy City Blogger Collective and let me tell ya, the view alone more than made up for the anxiety of heading to my first event alone. So insanely gorgeous. The next morning, Pete and I hopped on a plane back to Kansas City where we had dinner with family and friends before we left with the crew to spend the rest of the week/end at Table Rock Lake!
By the time Monday rolled around, I desperately needed to get back into my routine and proceeded to take full advantage of my ClassPass to get myself back on track. I also managed to squeeze in yoga and a SoulCycle class, both of which were a pleasant reminder that exercise is just as much about the mind as it is the body.
Below is a hodgepodge of things that have been on my radar as of late…
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Have you guys seen this adorable Instagram account? I watched Laura’s following grow from 30,000 followers to 160,000 in a matter of 36 hours…insanity.
- How to stay energized and productive in the second half of 2016.
- Ink Magazine named me one of nine Kansas City-centric social media accounts to follow (just before I left for Chicago!) and I was honored to be in such great company!
- Bloggers: Do you watch Fohr Card’s A Drink with James episodes? If not, you won’t be disappointed if you carve out 15 minutes each week to make it happen. The most recent chat with Laney was such a breath of fresh air!
- Hallie took the words right out of my mouth with this post on how to get out of a funk (which also somewhat explains my absence over the past two weeks).
- Just ordered this pencil holder to use as a vase for flowers! And since all things Sugar Paper are buy one get one half off right now, this is also on its way to me…
- Julia is feeding my wanderlust, one weekend getaway at a time.
- Have you all heard of Interior Define? I was first introduced to them through The Everygirl and had a chance to stop by their shop over in Lincoln Park recently where I fell in love with a sofa. I was so excited to learn they’re coming out with an “apartment” size of the one I’ve had my eye on! I didn’t feel comfortable pulling the trigger on the larger version for fear my amateur measuring skills (which told me it would fit with just an inch to spare) were off.
- Forever lusting after this Burberry trench coat. I popped into Zara earlier this week and tried on a few coats that are much more my speed (read: within my price range). This one and this one are top contenders. Naturally, I couldn’t decide between the shorter or longer length (and don’t even get me started on the lighter or darker color). Which one is your favorite?
- While we’re on the topic of look-alikes, this cami is a much more affordable version of the Tibi strappy cami!
- In case you missed it: The beauty products I buy over and over again and a candid peek at our apartment.
Aside from dinner with Pete tonight and a poolside yoga session on Saturday morning I have zero plans for the weekend and that makes me so happy! Whatever the weekend brings, I’ll be sharing in real-time over on Instagram and Snapchat (I can be found under ‘jessicazimlich’). If you’re in Chicago and still mapping out your Saturday, might I suggest a rosé crawl? Have a great one!