Friday! We made it, whew. How was everyone’s week?Mine was a bit of a rollercoaster, if I’m being honest and was filled with a mix of highs and lows. The highlight was that my best friend had a baby! He is the sweetest thing. I’m beyond excited to get back to Kansas City in a few weeks to meet the little guy (and to give you a big squeeze, my Whit!). And on the other end of the spectrum, dating can be really….frustrating. I’ll leave it at that, for now, but perhaps you’re nodding along in agreement?
I made it a point to get myself to a workout class at SWEAT everyday this week and it felt good to mentally check out and do my mind and body some good. Anywho, I’m really excited for this week’s roundup again!
Song of the week: Darius Rucker – Don’t. I know country isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I don’t discriminate when it comes to music and this just makes me feel good. Not to mention I loved Hootie & the Blowfish growing up! Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- After seeing this photo, I’ve been on the hunt for an affordable check mini skirt and this one fits the bill!
- Here are four ways to give help to the residents of Puerto Rico, and our fellow Americans.
- In my quest for better skin, I picked up the Drunk Elephant day serum on Sunday and I’ve used it every morning since. I can honestly say my face has never had more of a glow! I’m anxious to get my hands on the babyfacial next.
- My magic bullet (which, as it turns out, is not so magic) had been on its last leg for months and I finally had to say goodbye to it last weekend on account of the fact that it was smoking. I haven’t had a smoothie in a week and seeing as it’s a daily staple in my diet, I’m hoping to replace it ASAP. I’m thinking of investing in a Blentec or the Ninja. I want something that is going to last for….ever and won’t take me ten minutes each time I go to blend. Once I have this in hand, I’m going to be sharing a few recipes with you all!
- Have you shopped the Shopbop fall sale yet? Time is of the essence. Here are my top picks!
- On that same note: gift ideas you can grab for 20% off (just use code EOTS17) through Saturday night, including my favorite water bottle, the candle everyone raves about, a cookbook for the comfort food loving souls, and because sweater season is upon us:
- Take 30% off at J. Crew (through tonight only!) using code SHOPFAST. I can’t tell you how often I wear this field jacket. It’s usually the last thing I grab on the way out the door in the spring/fall months! And this sweater tank (only $15 with the sale) has been on constant repeat as of late (I found that it runs big so I went with an XS). I’m not a fan of how they have it styled on the site, but it’s super flattering on without anything underneath! A few other pieces to note: my favorite winter coat (I have it in a size 2, for reference), or if you’re not a fan of the fur, this coat, you can never have too many oversized sweaters and how good would these gingham heels be for the holidays?! I’ve also linked to some super affordable jewelry below. It seems as though I’ve been missing out in that department!
- I’ll just be over here not-so-patiently waiting as Hallie rolls out the rest of her Eurotrip recap! I’ve been meditating on her words on letting go (#1 on her list) all week long.
- Grace’s video on 36 things she’s learned in 36 years is SO cute and the advice? Spot on.
- I binged on this Instagram account over the course of the week. It’s one of those that really makes you think and in the sea of same, it’s a welcome addition to my feed.
- …and while we’re on the topic of Instagram, I’m always inspired by the photos my friend Tomissa posts! She’s so thoughtful.
- One of my favorite places to shop in Chicago!
SHOP THE POST:
I’m excited to be heading to a flying trapeze class later this afternoon with Trapeze School Chicago! As for the rest of the weekend, I’m hoping to log a few runs along the lake and curl up with the stack of books I’ve been meaning to get to since spring.