Happiest of Fridays, friends! This week was really good and I’m all about acknowledging when things feel right. Not a bad way to head into the weekend, if I do say so myself. It’s officially fall, but can we talk about the weather here in Chicago over the last couple of days? We lucked out in a big way! Sunshine and temps in the high 80s, which really just translates to evenings along the lakefront and late night patio weather. And you better believe I took full advantage by spending a few hours outside at The Dawson last night. If you go, order a salty dog and the chorizo fondue!Earlier in the week I went to a cocktail making class hosted by The Everygirl and the team at Cointreau and it ended up being so much fun. I walked away having learned a thing about the art of cocktail making, too! Now I just need to plan a little get together to put my new skills to good use.
I got a little carried away with the links this week, but they’re all things I’m super excited to share with you!
Song of the week: Alex Aiono – Does It Feel Like Falling (feat. Trinidad Cardona). Turn it up and listen as you browse!
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- The $20 little black dress you need in your closet for fall. It’s no secret I love a well-placed ribbon! A note on sizing: it runs small. I went up a size and ended up with a medium! Wear it with almond-toe pumps now and my favorite faux leather jacket, which I recently found on sale at Nordstrom Rack for $60 (last seen here) and over-the-knee boots later (seriously, Stuart Weitzman makes the best boots.)
- Speaking of Nordstrom, you can earn triple points from now through the 24th! No card needed.
- I’m all about making my dollar stretch and I was thrilled to hear Shopbop is getting a rewards program as it’s one of my favorite places to order online! You can sign up here to be in-the-know.
- Have you seen Target’s Project 62 line? Everything is really cute and affordably priced. I mean, who doesn’t need a blush chair? I’m thinking it would look super cute in my living room.
- Downloading the new IOS update always feels a little bit like getting a new phone, no? Here’s a list of things your iPhone can do now.
- West Elm’s friends and family event is going on which means 20% off for you! (use code FFSALE) I’ll take one of everything from the terrace collection, please!
- I’m dying to try this turmeric powder. I’ve been doing a ton of research on reducing inflammation in the body and turmeric is widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties!
- If you’ve been longing to see if the Vintner’s Daughter serum lives up to its hype (spoiler alert: it does) they now offer a three-pack of vials which would also be great for travel or to throw in your gym bag!
- Who wants to start a petition to convince Aldi to bring their wine advent calendar to the States instead of just offering it across the pond?!
- This piece on losing weight is spot. on.
- I’ve never met a tortoise shell print I didn’t like and these desk accessories are no exception.
- These whole wheat pancakes with a triple berry sauce look so delicious.
- A super soft plaid button up (I have it in the emerald print!)
- I shared my fall bucket list on the blog earlier this week!
- For the bloggers out there: a pep talk on Instagram and why you shouldn’t let your ego get in the way.
SHOP THE POST:
I’m hoping to do another big closet clean out this weekend. I’ve been posting items for sale on Poshmark if you’re interested! Other than that, I’m excited for a few days of next to no plans.