Friday, at long last! I’ll start by saying my friend Lauren nailed it with this post. Like her, I’m reading. I’m listening. I’m paying attention. And I’ll be damned if this is the world my sweet niece Camilla grows up in. I encourage you to have those tough conversations as it’s our duty to counter the hate and violence that is spreading like wildfire through this country. This week led to lots of yoga and a few runs along the lake, which both ended in me taking a dip in the water to cool off afterward – so fun! Tuesday night I met my friends Amanda and Will to watch Hidden Figures in Millenium Park. We packed a little picnic spread and it ended up being the perfect night for it! On Wednesday afternoon I met up with Katie at Summer House for a much needed catch up (she’s having a baby!!) and then that evening I ventured to an event hosted at the Flamingo Rum Club. Everything in between looked like work, work, work! One of the requests I had was for a “day in the life” post, so that’s something I’m excited to put together in the coming weeks! It’s certainly not all fun and games around here, but I feel really lucky to have the opportunities I do. What else do you want to see more of? I’m all ears!
Song of the week: Avicii & Sandro Cavazza – So Much Better. Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- I binged on this inspiring Instagram account a few weeks ago and have been coming back to it each morning to start my day ever since. “The woman you’re becoming will cost you people, relationships, spaces, and material things. Choose her over everything.” Like, woah.
- And while we’re on the topic of Instagram, Hannah Bronfman is by far my favorite to follow as of late. She has this air of confidence about her and I love the speedy workout videos she shares to her stories.
- I may or may not be on my second box of these (and don’t even get me started on the countless number of singles I’ve picked up while out and about). Have you tried them?
- J. Crew’s new arrivals have me seriously excited for fall (🙊), or at least the wardrobe change that it brings! This tie-back shirt (no-brainer) and this thick striped button up (borrowed from the boys) both caught my eye.
- I’ve got the itch to make my little apartment my own and the glass coffee table I’ve been contemplating is on sale right now!
- If you haven’t scooped up a pair of Soludos yet, now is the time (they’re offering up to 50% off a variety of styles)
- In terms of food for thought, Victoria’s post on social media today is a whole meal (and certainly has me toying around with the idea of a weekend sans phone).
- A few ladies reached out around the time of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale asking if they could find Zella workout leggings on the cheap anywhere else because their sizes had sold out so I sent them over to Nordstrom Rack – definitely worth checking out! I just ordered these high-waisted shorts for those steamy end of summer runs outside.
- On the blog: A peachy pink sweater tank and a few questions for you!
SHOP THE POST:
Other than a yoga class tonight, I don’t have any real set plans these next few days, but those weekends always seem to lead to the most fun so we shall see! What are your plans?