Friday, we made it! I’m definitely weekend ready over here. I’m going to take a wild guess and say you probably are too!First things first, this gingham dress I’ve been living in…just sold out. Isn’t that how it always works?! It may or may not come back in stock, but I tracked down a few similar dresses for you here, here, here, and this adorable dress with overall clasps. It’s the perfect thing to throw on and go when you don’t know what to wear.
SHOP MY LOOK:
For all you Chicago gals, I wanted to let you know about an event happening next Thursday that you won’t want to miss! I know summer schedules fill up fast, but if you’re looking to log as much time on rooftops around the city like I am, this is a great opportunity. I’ll be styling a few looks in the runway show alongside a few other Chicago bloggers. You can RSVP to [email protected] and if you’re planning to come, let me know in the comments so I can look for you! And if you have any questions, ask away.
Song of the week: Troye Sivan – Wild (ft. Alessia Cara). Turn it up and listen as you browse this week’s links 🙂
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- There’s a familiar face up over on Bustle! The message behind these photos is such an important one – not everything is always as it seems.
- The Shopbop sale is going strong and everything is an additional 25% off with code SCORE17. Shopping the site can be a little overwhelming so I suggest you filter by your favorite brand/designer and go from there. I love everything Joie does and I’ve had my eye on these wrap sandals for so long now!
- Need to get my hands on some of these cans for poolside sippin’.
- Little white dress season or little black dress season, take your pick.
- I am the queen of awkward moments. The other day I got on an elevator with two men and one of them said, “how are you?” and I answered only to realize he was talking to the guy next to him. Instead of turning beet red like I usually would, I laughed it off and told them I was having a really good day 🙃. I have this article to thank for that.
- A customizable letter board. What would yours say?
- My new favorite candle! I have two of them and my apartment smells heavenly.
- Lamp love: When it comes to decorating, I’m super particular about the process and don’t like to add things just to add them. I fell in love with this lamp last week – baby steps!
- A pair of red hot heels for girls’ night out and/or date night (and they’re under $25!)
- A striped sweater for those late summer nights by the water.
- On the blog: summer bucket list (spoiler alert: I’m going SKYDIVING!) and a round up of summer essentials in pretty pinks and bright yellows.
SHOP THE POST:
It’s supposed to be a stormy weekend here in Chicago, and I’m not sure tomorrow morning’s SUP class is going to happen. No matter what, I plan to make the most of the next few days!