Where do the weeks go? I started it off in a little bit of a funk, but by Tuesday morning I was feeling much more like myself and hit the ground running!
Last night I spent the evening hanging with the kids at Chicago’s Off The Street Club in celebration of Black History Month and it was honestly one of the best nights I’ve had in a long time. Not only did I walk away with two new best friends (who I miss already!), but it was a reminder that I have the ability to make this world a little bit brighter of a place. I’m thrilled to be joining their team for the Shamrock Shuffle run, which I’ll share more about soon!
My friends Alyssa and Lance are flying in from Kansas City later tonight and we have a jam-packed long weekend on deck. The weather is supposed to be my definition of perfection (hello, 60s) and I’m looking forward to exploring the city, drinking good beer, and eating alllll the food.
Here’s what I loved this week:
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Song of the week (queue it up and give it a listen while you peruse the rest of this week’s links!): The Mack – Nevada ft. Mark Morrison, Fetty Wap
- I broke out my favorite pink tennies last night in preparation for this weekend’s unseasonably warm temps!
- Chicagoans: I walked by Bluemercury’s new storefront set to open in River North and I’m so excited for them to be joining the neighborhood! Everyone I know raves about their M-61 line, which was created by one of Bluemercury’s co-founders, and I’m anxious to try it out and hopefully add a few products to my beauty arsenal.
- Victoria tweeted out a link to this post she wrote a few years back on changing friendships and it really hit home for me. When my relationship with Pete changed, so did several others, and this was a good reminder that it’s not only natural, but it’s okay.
- A list of healthyish things to order the next time you’re in a bind and find yourself staring down the menu at Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, and a slew of other food joints.
- Grace’s reading lists are always my go-to when I’m looking for something new to get lost in.
- Are you following along with Jen Gotch on Instagram stories? If not, you should be! She’s such a breath of fresh air.
- On the blog: What to wear to your next workout (also, several of you commented on my pink New Balance tennis shoes on Instastories – they’re from a collab with J. Crew and a decent price!) and a little life update.
Photo by Maya of Charmingly Styled