It’s Friday and it’s officially fall! I have mixed feelings about the latter, but I’m mostly excited as a new season always brings a fresh perspective.
On Wednesday I had the opportunity to take a Flywheel class led by the Director of Fitness at SHAPE magazine and it was every bit as exciting as I hoped it would be. I’m not sure if it was the hip-hop fueled playlist or if there was simply something in the air, but I pushed myself harder than ever and reaped the rewards (which came in the form of a post-workout high and the knowledge that I set a new top score for myself on the TorqBoard). How was your week?
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Social media is meant to be just that…social. Annie shared her tips on how she created a highly engaged Instagram community (and how you can, too!)
- A strong case for supplements to help reduce inflammation (an ailment you could be suffering from without even knowing it) and as an added bonus, give you better skin!
- Chicago! Cuyana is hosting a pop-up over in Lincoln Park this weekend and after getting a sneak peek at pieces from their Fall line last week, it’s safe to say you’re not going to want to miss it.
- My pink SeaVees (pictured above) are 40% off right now!
- The start of fall always gets me in the mood to organize and everyone knows I love a good list. Even though the paper pads are aplenty around here, this ostrich notepad is too cute.
- To me, transparency is everything when it comes to blogging and Grace’s Q&A series has quickly become a must read – especially for those of us with inquiring minds!
- Loving this suede bag from BR which looks super similar to this Chloé bag I’ve been swooning over at a much more affordable price. I only wish it came in more colors!
- POPSUGAR sent me this Must Have Box to try out and it came with the most perfect felt hat for fall. If you’re interested in scooping a box up for yourself, you can get $5 off with code SHOP5.
Pete’s mom has been traveling for work and it just so happened she had a layover in Chicago this evening so she decided to move her flight and stay for the weekend. I’m so excited to show her our new place and get some quality catch up time! We used to see her almost weekly when we lived back in Kansas City and it’s something we both miss terribly.
Oh and if you’re wondering where that fall essentials list is that I promised, it will be live on Monday! Chalk it up to technical difficulties. Oy.