Happy Friday! Did everyone survive the first full week of 2016? I’ve been easing back into my routine and I’ve gotta admit, it feels nice to sprinkle some structure back into my life – the Type A in me is rejoicing right now.
We finally finished Making a Murderer last night. Talk about a heartbreaking roller coaster ride. If you’ve seen it, what did you think? We can chat down in the comments as soon as you’re done browsing this week’s must-reads!
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Fascinated with all things money? Ya, me too. Victoria put together an amazing compilation of stats on how couples handle their money. (bookmark worthy)
- I’ll be following these tips on how to organize your files at home over the weekend.
- I “sat down” with Cait over at Pretty and Fun at the end of December for her monthly column which highlights bloggers and what they’re currently up to!
- Kansas City Restaurant Week is almost here and if I were you, I’d be following along with Eat it Kansas City for all the juicy (and delicious) details.
- Pete’s uncle sent this article over to us earlier in the week and it ended up being extremely thought-provoking read: What pain do you want in your life? What are you willing to struggle for?
- Looking to expand your network in 2016? Stop asking people to coffee and start doing this.
- Free SoulCycle classes. Um, yes! Chicago, Miami and Houston friends…get. on. that.
- 6 quick photography tips from one of the best.
- I’ve pretty much told everyone and their brother by now, but in case you missed it the first time around, I’m getting an Instagram husband!
It happens every year, my mind seems to forget we’ve still got several months of winter left post-holidays and I immediately start thinking about what I want to fill my closet with for spring. This realization is nothing new, but I reconfirmed the fact while I was rounding up the things sitting in my online shopping carts for this post, oops! I also feel the need to confess there is a bikini on it’s way to me right now.
SHOP ‘TIL YA DROP:
- Donut smoking slippers or maybe avocados are more your thing (toast, anyone?)
- Lusting after this lace top after seeing the dress on Liz.
- Kate Spade activewear. Need I say more? This bow slit skirt and this cami are a match made in workout heaven.
- A navy twill jacket to layer with now (and wear alone in the coming months).
Tonight we’re having dinner with friends, after which I plan to tell Pete I need to make a reaaal quick trip to The Container Store (shhh) so I can pick up a few things I need to tackle our personal files mentioned above. Tomorrow morning I’m taking a spin class and plan to follow it up with good friends, football and beer. It might be time to break open the Crown Town, yes? We spent last weekend putting up the Christmas decor/sorting through items we no longer need and I’m hoping to continue purging Sunday afternoon – it feels so good! A decent mix of work and play, just how I like my weekends.
Are you doing anything exciting/productive over the next few days?
Photo by Kyndall Durkee