Happy Tuesday! It is Tuesday, right? I swear the past few
days months have been one big blur. In an attempt to soak up every last drop of 2015, I’m signing off for the rest of the week to spend time with family and friends (right after I dish on some of the things I’ve been reading/loving as of late).
Whether you bookmark these for when you need a mini escape this week/end or take some time for yourself and indulge now…just know you deserve it!
AROUND THE WEB/WORLD:
- Considering I’ve got all the ingredients on hand, I have no excuse not to make Lauren’s peanut butter snowballs. I just need someone to hold me back from eating them all. 😉
- I was beyond flattered to be featured on The Self-Love Formula last week. Julia’s words about my blog made my month!
- Cait’s New Year’s Eve look has me thinking I need to up the glam factor this year (even if we are celebrating at home with friends).
- Drooling over J. Crew’s new arrivals, as usual.
- I’m no interior designer, but I’m slowly learning what my style looks like and what items make me happy to have around in a space. I shared a few tips in this month’s Simply KC Magazine (pg. 32). I need to get my hands on a hard copy – just for fun!
- The following is going to sound like a humble brag, but I can assure you, it is not. I would give anything to have more defined calf muscles. I’m having a hell of a time finding over the knee boots that don’t slouch down off my legs – no longer making them OTK boots. I’ve ordered (and returned) two different pairs now and was about to give up hope when I came across this pair by Jeffrey Campbell. I really like the look of this pair by Dolce Vita, but I know I’ll get more wear out of a black pair (not to mention they’re sold out in my size) and I’m hoping once these come my search is over. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Next up on my nightstand: You are a Badass – hoping it gives me the motivation to start 2016 off strong! Have you read it?
- Last minute gift ideas that don’t require shipping or leaving your pajamas, for that matter.
- If you’re still trying to decide what to do with your hair for your next party or gathering (or maybe NYE), try this braided updo, put a bow on it or give your ponytail a refresh!
- You know I appreciate when people share what’s really going on, and I’m so happy to see my friend Meg back at it after a particularly rough year.
- I can’t imagine being homeless, especially for the holidays, and Nicolette’s tweet struck a cord with me. We have a surplus of these items at our apartment and it’s super simple to put together a little care package to hand out.
Pete and I are heading back to Topeka on Thursday to kick off the festivities with the Nicklin side for Christmas Eve. Then it’s out to Grandma Pam’s for our annual sleepover. I can taste the bubble bread already! My Nana and Papa Colonel are coming up from San Antonio and even though it will be our first Christmas without my Grandpa Don, I know I’ll cherish our time together that much more.
Are you traveling? Or looking forward to any special traditions? Whatever you have planned, I hope you’re able to enjoy the holiday with the people you love most!
Photos by Sarah Sweeney Co.