The Season Of Living

If there was ever a season of living, summer 2015 would be the poster child. But then again, I’d be hard-pressed to find a summer in my past where I didn’t say #yeswayrosé over a night in with my computer.

I’ll admit, I need fall to breathe some structure back into my life and Victoria and Meg’s linkup was the boost of motivation I needed to refocus on my purpose both as a whole, and in each area that encompasses my life.

so long, summerWith it being the first official day of autumn, I’m saying so long to the relatively carefree days of summer and hello to my long-term to-do list where there’s no shortage of ideas waiting to be made into plans.

BLOGGING

• A few months into the year, I decided I wanted to have my weight loss story (I hate calling it that) published on a well-known site. I’ve since refreshed, revised and paired it with my quick tips to help the “average” gal find her balance. Although I’ve been told no more times than I can count, I’m determined to make it happen. Thankfully I’m not one who’s afraid to pitch/put myself out there, but I may need to rethink my approach. After all…

• I’ve also been busy mapping out fresh content for the blog and honing in on what topics I’d like to focus on/who I’d like to work with during the last fourth months of the year – is there anything in particular you’d like to see?
  • Start using better imagery on my site. I don’t struggle with lack of words, but rather, lack of original imagery – which holds me back from posting most days. I’ve had a taste of how things can look when they’re shot professionally and suddenly my iPhone snaps don’t seem worthy enough. I’ve thought about investing in the Samsung NX300M and while I realize it’s not as good as the Nikon I have (which is currently collecting dust/taking up desk space), it’s certainly more portable and possibly a little more user friendly? If you have one of your own, I’d love to hear what you think of it!fitness and wellness | @jessicazimlich

PERSONAL

• I’ve fallen victim to the terribly unhealthy habit of staring into my phone screen before dozing off at night and it’s important to me that I break the cycle. I tend to do most of my reading during the fall and winter months so at the very least, I’ve got that going for me! The Kansas City Public Library isn’t going to know what to do with me after they fulfill my endless hold requests.

SHOP MY NIGHTSTAND:

• Push myself hard through these last few weeks of half marathon training. Three weeks, three days and one Caribbean cruise (oops) stand between me and the finish line.

If you’re interested in taking a peek at the goals I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the year, be my guest! While my priorities have changed a bit, I’m still focusing on these as well.

WHAT’S ONE OF YOUR GOALS FOR THE NEW SEASON?

Peruse the rest of the gals in the linkup below:
Annie Reeves
 // Alyssa J Freitas // Carly Blogs // Feathers and Stripes // Carrie Loves // White Oak Creative // PRBlonde // Sequins & Strawberries // Pieced Together // PreppyPanache // Knowing Kelly // Something Good // Life By Bri // My Beauty Cloud // La Vie Petite // Wealthy in Health // White Cabana // Mrs. on the Move // Boys and Bombshells // She’s All Smiles // Life Modifier // Everyday Cuvée // A Little Leopard // Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough // L is for Lucy // Cori’s Corner // Beauty and the Pitch // Dreams and Colour Schemes // Viciloves // Lights Camera Catwalk // Pattern Me Pretty // A Few of My Favorite Things // Chic Glamorous and Splendid // StyledbyKesha // Suzy Speaks // Luv in the Bubble // The Minimalist

Photo #2 by Alissa

1. Pingback: SEPTEMBER LINKUP // Your Goals - The Well: The B Bar Blog

2. Pingback: Fall Goals

3. Pingback: Fall Goals: Gratitude & Positivity - Knowing Kelly

4. Pingback: Ooooh fall … (A September Linkup) | L is for Lucy

5. Pingback: Fall-ventures - Beauty and the Pitch

6. Pingback: Goals for Fall - Annie Reeves

7. Ashley

Great goals friend! I’ve been forcing myself to put down my phone and pick up a book at night too. It makes such a difference in helping unwind before bed!

8. Caitlin

Loving the goals! I feel you on the whole looking at your screen before bed. it’s so hard to break this cycle but we can do it! plus, we should read more, that was one of my goals as well.

xx!

9. Pingback: Laviepetite - Fall Fashion Goals // September Post Linkup - Laviepetite

10. Pingback: Goals for fall - Wealthy in Health

11. Pingback: B Bar Link – Up // Fall Goals | Pattern Me Pretty

12. Suzy

Imagery for my blog holds me back too! I understand the struggle. I’ve also been looking at the Samsung camera because I’ve heard such great things. I agree – it’s definitely a lot more portable than whipping out a big Nikon DSLR lol. Great goals!

1. Jess Post author

I feel like this is a common thing among some of us bloggers and it’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one struggling! Thank you, Suzy 🙂

13. Lindsay

I’m so glad you are working on sharing your weight-loss story! I think it is such an inspiring and honest narrative, and that it helps out a lot of people. I really admire your determination!

14. Erica

I’m so glad you mentioned feeling like photography and images are holding you back. It’s probably my biggest source of anxiety about blogging too. I love to dream up outfits and do style posts, but there’s only so many times I can ask my partner to take my photos, especially since he has a full time job and photography isn’t his passion. I’ve bought about hiring photographer but that’s a hard decision when I don’t make much blogging.

Good luck with your training and all of your fall goals!

15. Angela

Great goals! Putting my phone down before bed is something I struggle with too! I usually have a good book to wind down with, But intsa always seems to call my name before the lights go out.

16. Karly

Good for you, lady! I think this is a great time of year to take a step back, reevaluate your goals and life in general, and set out on a new track for the rest of the year. I think your blog photography is fantastic as it is, but I’ve heard lots of rave reviews about that Samsung camera – I’ve been eyeing it for myself, too. Hope you get lots of reading accomplished, too!

17. Lauren

Relate to so many of these! Ever since I arrived back at school, it’s been the biggest struggle trying to find a photographer that I love! So I’ve been holding onto the photos from my home photoshoots, trying to space them out, which has definitely hindered my posting. Also, I need to make more of an effort to cross books off of my reading list – the fall and winter months are for sure the best times!

Lauren

18. Marisa

I love you goal about putting your phone down and falling asleep without a screen in front of your face. I’ve fallen victim to the same thing recently. Glad I got to swing by as part of the linkup!

19. Nicole

Jess, I totally hear you on photos! It’s like “if they aren’t perfect, I’m not posting.” Which is such a hold up! Between uploading, editing, making them web friendly, labeling, entering in the description, etc. – it’s exhausting! Let alone have time to write on top of it all. As for the phone, don’t keep it by your night stand and put it on airplane mode!

1. Jess Post author

Precisely! It really holds me back. I think your photos keep getting better and better, so you must be doing something right 😉 I’m going to try airplane mode for sure. I hope you have a great weekend, girlfriend!

20. Natalie

Good for you putting yourself out there—not only have you worked so hard, you’re inspiring others to find a lifestyle that works for them too! And I totally feel you on needing to put the electronics away before sleep. My nightly habit is to do a final round through Instagram and Facebook before bed, but that’s definitely not healthy.

21. Kelly

Great goals! Marathon training? That’s awesome!!! Hope you’re able to break that screen-time habit. I have the same one… gah. It’s so hard!
    Photos are also SO hard. Everyone’s using stock images and they’re so easy but so overdone. It’s almost like we need photographers to follow us around all day to take some good, original shots hah!

22. Pingback: FROM THE DESK: Fall PR Goals

23. Pingback: Fall Beauty Awards

24. Pingback: Sept Link Up - What Are your Goals for Fall? - A Few of My Favorite Things

25. Pingback: My Goals For Fall -Viciloves