If there was ever a season of living, summer 2015 would be the poster child. But then again, I’d be hard-pressed to find a summer in my past where I didn’t say #yeswayrosé over a night in with my computer.
I’ll admit, I need fall to breathe some structure back into my life and Victoria and Meg’s linkup was the boost of motivation I needed to refocus on my purpose both as a whole, and in each area that encompasses my life.
With it being the first official day of autumn, I’m saying so long to the relatively carefree days of summer and hello to my long-term to-do list where there’s no shortage of ideas waiting to be made into plans.
- A few months into the year, I decided I wanted to have my weight loss story (I hate calling it that) published on a well-known site. I’ve since refreshed, revised and paired it with my quick tips to help the “average” gal find her balance. Although I’ve been told no more times than I can count, I’m determined to make it happen. Thankfully I’m not one who’s afraid to pitch/put myself out there, but I may need to rethink my approach. After all…
- I’ve also been busy mapping out fresh content for the blog and honing in on what topics I’d like to focus on/who I’d like to work with during the last fourth months of the year – is there anything in particular you’d like to see?
- Start using better imagery on my site. I don’t struggle with lack of words, but rather, lack of original imagery – which holds me back from posting most days. I’ve had a taste of how things can look when they’re shot professionally and suddenly my iPhone snaps don’t seem worthy enough. I’ve thought about investing in the Samsung NX300M and while I realize it’s not as good as the Nikon I have (which is currently collecting dust/taking up desk space), it’s certainly more portable and possibly a little more user friendly? If you have one of your own, I’d love to hear what you think of it!
- I’ve fallen victim to the terribly unhealthy habit of staring into my phone screen before dozing off at night and it’s important to me that I break the cycle. I tend to do most of my reading during the fall and winter months so at the very least, I’ve got that going for me! The Kansas City Public Library isn’t going to know what to do with me after they fulfill my endless hold requests.
SHOP MY NIGHTSTAND:
- Push myself hard through these last few weeks of half marathon training. Three weeks, three days and one Caribbean cruise (oops) stand between me and the finish line.
If you’re interested in taking a peek at the goals I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the year, be my guest! While my priorities have changed a bit, I’m still focusing on these as well.
WHAT’S ONE OF YOUR GOALS FOR THE NEW SEASON?
Peruse the rest of the gals in the linkup below:
Annie Reeves // Alyssa J Freitas // Carly Blogs // Feathers and Stripes // Carrie Loves // White Oak Creative // PRBlonde // Sequins & Strawberries // Pieced Together // PreppyPanache // Knowing Kelly // Something Good // Life By Bri // My Beauty Cloud // La Vie Petite // Wealthy in Health // White Cabana // Mrs. on the Move // Boys and Bombshells // She’s All Smiles // Life Modifier // Everyday Cuvée // A Little Leopard // Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough // L is for Lucy // Cori’s Corner // Beauty and the Pitch // Dreams and Colour Schemes // Viciloves // Lights Camera Catwalk // Pattern Me Pretty // A Few of My Favorite Things // Chic Glamorous and Splendid // StyledbyKesha // Suzy Speaks // Luv in the Bubble // The Minimalist
Photo #2 by Alissa