Hooray, July! It’s one of my favorite months of the entire year for so many reasons. Between Fourth of July celebrations, my birthday and settling into the thick of summer – what’s not to love?
Since most everyone will be kicking off their long-weekend activities tomorrow, I figured we could mix things up today by adding a splash of weekly rounds to the small list of things I’m loving right now – also known as the July Edit.
- I’m dying to try these Laura Mercier caviar sticks. I’m a huge fan of the hydrating foundation primer and I’m in need of a little somethin’ somethin’ to quickly swipe across my lids before work each morning.
- I finally pulled the trigger on these rag & bone jean shorts* after Grace raved about them and I’m extremely impressed by how well they fit and how soft they are! Sidenote: it’s always nice when you get to size down 😉
- After I saw the Charleston Rice Beads were being offered in white for summer (thanks, Annie!), they headed straight for my birthday wishlist.
- Speaking of birthdays (do I sound like a broken record yet?), who else loves when the freebies start popping up in your inbox? Sure beats the usual. I can’t wait to finally try out this NARS lip pencil in a few different shades.
- I’m determined to switch up my polish from the usual reds/corals/pinks for summer and this purple color just might give me the push that I need.
- Beyond marriage equality. There is still so much (more) progress to be made.
- Money mistakes to avoid in your twenties. Or better yet, ever. I could preach about #1 and #4 all day, everyday.
- A manual photography cheat sheet. Am I the only one that finds DSLR cameras extremely intimidating? I need to take my own advice and just start.
- A round up of summer essentials, most of which would be great accompaniments on your next staycation.
I hope there is a hefty amount of fun in the sun and tall glass of rosè in your near future! Have a fabulous Fourth of July weekend and I’ll see you back here next week!
In the meantime, you can find me over on Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (jessicazimlich) sharing my adventures from the lake. I imagine my first time trying the stand up paddle board will be quite the ordeal!
*Disclosure: Shopbop provides me with a credit each month and I utilized a portion of it to purchase the jean shorts (honestly, I would have bought them anyway). Thank you for supporting the brands that make 26 and Not Counting a happenin’ place to be!