New Year, New Look

natural light

It’s 2015 and with a new year comes a new look for 26 and Not Counting! You may remember that I sang this same tune back at the beginning of November, but since then, a lot has taken place behind the scenes and another change was in order. I can assure you, I’m not having an identity crisis – just a slew of technical difficulties that were out of my control.

Lindsay, from White Oak Creative, created a logo that reflects what this blogs means for me, an abstract interpretation of the idea that we’re all on a linear path in this life, full of twists and turns, a symbol that represents us as a whole.

When I look ahead at the year, I feel equally excited and overwhelmed. It’s easy to write down hopes and dreams, but it’s a whole new ball game when it comes to acting them out. They require hard work, dedication and a focus unlike any other. My sister and I have been saying for the past I-don’t-know-how-many-years that we were going to start a tradition together around the holiday season and this year, we finally made good on our word. We met for a quiet dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and talked through our grand plans. We both find ourselves lacking in the follow-through from time-to-time and since we all know that sharing keeps us accountable, I’ve listed mine below – feel free to hound me about my progress throughout the coming months. I touched on the larger goals I’ll be focusing on this year a few weeks back, but these are scaled down significantly and focus on the details:

1. Run a half marathon in under 2 hours. Ask me how shocked I was to learn that training starts next week for the Rock the Parkway half marathon in April.
  2. Work my way into the  splits. I’ve been taking Bar Method since June and I’ve come a long way in the flexibility department, but I’m still not there yet. I’ve never been able to do the splits (Mom, correct me if I’m wrong) and I’m sure the day I do will bring me to happy tears.
  3. Double my social media following (triple on Instagram), while remaining -p r e s e n t- in everyday life. This will be another good way to gauge growth. I try not to let myself get caught up in the numbers. My goal across all social media channels and this blog, is to share content that people want to engage with and share with others. With that being said, you can find me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Google+!

I think it’s important to note that this list is comprised of things that I’ve been working on for quite some time, but being that it’s a new year, it has allowed me to regroup and refocus, ensuring that I’m on the right path to reach my goals. There is never a better time to start than today, no matter what day of the year it is.

Time for a little show and tell. How is 2015 treating you thus far? What are working toward at the moment? Share down in the comments and feel free to leave a link to your post if that’s your thing!

Image via @amandamarielackey – I’ve had this snap saved to my phone for god knows how long. After doing a much needed “digital de-clutter” over my break, I came across it again and was reminded that I once wanted to create a little succulent garden like the one sitting in the window. Admittedly, I just never made the time to do it. This year I also vow to make time for things that I find important, no matter how trivial they seem on stacked up against other tasks on my to-do list.

1. Andrea

Looks great and so clean! I love the new logo! So cool. The goals are great!! No way I could ever run, well maybe to a shoe sale, but I support you! Happy New Year!!

1. Jessica

Thank you so much, Andrea. You would be surprised at what your body can do! Who wouldn’t run to a shoe sale 😉 Thanks so much for following along!

2. Tisha

Looks good in here! Great goals, girl. As always you are such an inspiration. Can’t wait to see your progress

3. Rachel

Congrats on the new site girl, it looks AMAZING! Will definitely be sharing this today 🙂 I think these are great goals – I also have big goals for social media this year!

4. kate

omgoshh congrats!!! this looks so so good!!! and i love this, “vow to make time for things that I find important, no matter how trivial they seem on stacked up against other tasks” I’m going to join you in that vow!

5. silexinthecity

I love the re-design (well and your blog)! You make me want to get back into blogging after falling off the wagon for 1 year+. I like the feel and blend of compenents your blog has. Keep it up!

6. noelani

Site looks wonderful and love love your goals. I’ve been doing BAR for 3 years and still can’t do the splits!!! Can’t wait too see what you accomplish. XOXO!

1. Jessica

Welll, my Nana (who is extremely flexible) told me just yesterday that she still can’t do the split and not to “get my liver in a quiver” if it doesn’t happen haha, but I’m determined! Thank so much for the sweet words 🙂

7. Angela Keeley-White

I already told you on twitter, but I just loveeeee the new design! So gorgeous, girl! and I love your goals. I’m definitely with you on the last one, I want to grow my following but stay present 🙂

xo,
    Angela

8. Nicole

It looks amazing Jess!!!!!!! I mean, it’s beautiful! Don’t you just love how sparkly and clean a new blog makes you feel. Congrats and Happy New Year love. I know I have said it before, but 2015 is going to be your year!

1. Jessica

I feel like a new woman! You were right about Lindsay, she knows her stuff 😉 THANK YOU. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for the extra encouragement. p/s loved your WSNH interview yesterday and I can’t wait to see how Lindsay does it all!

9. Livia

Hi there! Congrats to your new design! It looks great! This makes me so excited for my new design from Lindsay in a couple weeks! Your goals are similar to mine, being present and social with your offline friends is often a tough things for me to balance while still being a consistent and reliable blogger. Happy 2015 to you!
    Xo,
    Livia

1. Jessica

Thanks, Livia! I can’t wait to see it – I know it will be great 🙂 It’s really hard, but I know we can do it! I hope your 2015 is off to a fantastic start!

10. Rachelle

Loving the new blog design it is so pretty and so you. I want to start doing Barre too I hope to find a location close to me. Your posts are always so inspirational to me 🙂

11. Kelly

Hey Jess! I just wanted to stop by to tell you that the new site look is great! Also, I’ve heard Rock the Parkway is a great half marathon to run. Good luck! I look forward to you blogging about it.

1. Jessica

Thank you so much, Kelly! It was actually my first half marathon last year and I’m so excited to run it again and hopefully PR! So happy to have you following along 🙂

12. Megan

Love the new design and this post is the best! I’m with you for goal #3, double following but live in the moment:) You’re going to do great things in 2015 and I can’t wait to follow along during them all!

1. Jessica

Thank you – I owe it all to Lindsay! I have a hunch you’re going to be doing great things as well and I can’t wait to follow along either 🙂 Cheer to 2015, Megan!

13. Natalie

This is SO awesome, Jess. First, I would love to be able to do the splits, let alone have any ounce of flexibility. Second, love your addition of “be present” when thinking about your social media goals. You go girl!

My current endeavor is trying the Whole30 plan…which I just started today. And I’m already craving a donut. We’ll see how this goes.

xo,
    Natalie | CincinNatalie
    cincin-natalie.com

P.S. – LOVE the new site!

1. Jessica

Girl, I would have said the same thing 6 months ago. But don’t let this post fool you…I have a LONG ways to go 😉 We can do it! I can’t wait to hear what you think of Whole30!

14. Pure & Complex

I am loving the new look and the logo as well. Wonderful beginning to a new year.

K. of Pure & Complex
    purecomplex.com

15. Emily

Absolutely adore your new site look my dear!!! A job well done. I can’t wait to see all the wonderful things 2015 has in store for you! xo

16. Pingback: December Update - 26 and Not Counting