Brace Yourself

First and foremost, I want to say thank you for the outpouring of love and support surrounding my blog re-design. The positive energy was infectious and I’m still riding out the high. I’m not going to pretend for a second that it didn’t make me emotional to think about the strong community of people that I have on my side, because it did and it will probably continue to do so. I think it has something to do with the full moon in Cancer, or something like that.

Knowing that people believe in what I’m doing is one of the best feelings I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing in my 27 years.

I’m lucky and as a result, I’m truly thankful.

old navy style

old navy style

Second order of business today, bracing ourselves for the ugly side of mother nature that reared her ugly head. You know, the one where forecasted highs are a measly eight degrees with an added windchill of a billion below. There are literally no degrees to work with at the moment and it takes every ounce of me to peel the covers back in the morning and press my sock-less toes onto the cool cement flooring of our apartment (note to self: buy a rug. It’s only been two and a half years).

gap style

This is what you can find me in, each and every day, until the sweet signs of spring start peeking out of the ground. I’m aware that this outfit is far from revolutionary, but it’s me. Simple, yes. Reliable, hell yes.

gap style

Give a girl a pair of jeans that fit like a glove, the world’s softest striped turtleneck and a pair of fringe booties and she can conquer the world  workday – no problem. Add a fleece and a heavy coat on top of that and she can conquer a brutal commute in teen temps.

old navy style old navy style sam edelman fringe booties

And the pom hat just means that I can get away with not brushing my hair. Not that I do most days anyways.

old navy style old navy style

Where are you tuning in from? If you’re up north in Chicago, I feel for you. And if you’re down south in Miami, I don’t even want to hear it 😉

SHOP THE POST:

Photos by One Sparrow Creative

1. Kari

I can’t stand these colder temps!! I always think after Christmas, it’s time for spring. But really the winter hasn’t even started. I could use a tropical getaway about now:) At least you look really cute in the cold!

2. Sydneyface

Look at that snow on the ground! It’s 55 here in Houston, and I can’t stop shivering… I’ve officially joined the “wuss” clan down here in the South!

1. Jessica

Well that’s like a heat wave to me – I’m so excited to visit in a few weeks, but I’ve gotta dig out some summer wear 😉 kidding….kind of

3. Katherine

That hat is adorable! Since I’m in Chicago, I feel like I should invest in a whole stocking cap collection to be cute…but mostly warm 🙂 Perfect outfit!

1. Jessica

Thank you so much, Samantha! Your posts on hats made me want to give them all a go 😉 for some odd reason – I feel better when something is on my head haha

4. Elle

I’m stalking blanket scarves right now, I can’t go anywhere without one in these ridiculous temps! So sad that ASOS one is sold out

1. Jessica

Oh no, I didn’t realize it had sold out! Drat. Check back because the same thing happened to another scarf (that should be on it’s way to me) – it was sold out and then restocked a few days later.

5. Jess

These photos are AMAZING!! I’m obsessed! Please do at least 300 more outfit posts this year, yes? And that print mixing is on point. Seriously, A ++

6. Natalie

Love this so much, Jess! You are seriously an inspiration, and I’m so happy I found your blog 🙂 P.S. – love the indoor shots. I’m trying to hone my indoor photography skills. Because let’s be real…it’s too damn cold outside.

Stay warm!

xo,
    Natalie | CincinNatalie
    cincin-natalie.com

1. Jessica

Thank you so much! The store wasn’t open, so I wasn’t able to sneak in to peek around. It was in the cutest little area over by Sarah’s studio (the gal who shot these). I’ll have to go back to investigate 😉

7. Maya McDonald

These photos are EVERYTHING! Seriously, you look gorgeous and I love this comfy cozy look. Also, you look just like Liz from Sequins and Stripes – just saying.

In other news, I am SO excited for your new site – it’s so gorgeous! I’m beyond proud of you, and I’m happy that everything turned out for the better in the long run. Miss you and sending you love and good vibes! xx

1. Jessica

Um, hi. That’s probably the most flattering thing anyone has ever said to me. Ever. That means SO much coming from you and I can’t tell you how appreciative I am of your encouragement. Thanks for making my day 😉

8. Sabrina Osborn

You are adorable.
    I love that hat, I love the shirt, I love the scarf. I just love it all.
    Also, the inside shots are such a great background.
    Perfect look to stay stylish AND warm!

9. Pingback: Perfectly Plaid - 26 and Not Counting