Louisburg Cider Mill
This weekend was the perfect mix of family, friends and me time. The type of days that cause the Sunday night blues to linger a little longer and make you question why Mondays have to exist.
Growing up, we used to make our way down (up? I’m bad at directions) to the Louisburg Cider Mill to pick out pumpkins and celebrate the start of a new season. It’s been years since my last visit and I was determined to make my way back (see here).
louisburg cider mill
As soon as I stepped foot into the warm, cramped country mart, the whiff of goodness reminded me what I loved the most. Three words: apple cider donuts. Make that four words.Β Warm apple cider donuts. Donuts so fresh that when you pull them out of the white paper bag, they’re a little misshapen because they haven’t had time to set up just yet. They were even better than I remembered and just thinking about them has me second guessing why I got a half dozen instead of the full shebang.
apple cider donuts
We milled (sorry, no pun intended) around a bit and picked up some homemade peanut butter fudge and apple butter before heading back toward Kansas City for a delicious meal and some more catching up. I was bummed that we didn’t have time to hay rack ride out to the pumpkin patch, but with it being Cider Fest, the crowds were a lot heavier than they would be on a normal day. And don’t you worryΒ ShanleyΒ andΒ Dianna, this girl is most definitely down for another round at the mill.
louisburg cider fest
I might get in trouble for this, but I just can’t resist. How stinking cute is this picture of Pete and my Grandma?! She was holding onto his arm on the way back to the car and I think my heart nearly burst.Have you been to the Louisburg Cider Mill, or something similar where you live?

Linking up with Life of Meg today!

1. annie

This looks like so much fun!! I need to do some research and find out if there is somewhere similar nearby – the best fall activity!! Happy Monday, Jess!!

Annie

2. Kari Holtkamp

I love that place! We used to go there every year, too, when I was little. I went back last year and also was reminded why I loved it so much. Looks like a beautiful day out there!

3. Whitney Hinson

I desperately want to go out there and need to make it happen! Pete and your grandma are precious! You have a keeper πŸ™‚

4. Joy Lynette Stahl

My youngest son (now age 18) and I were there at Louisburg Cider Mill for Ciderfest, on Saturday. This is our 3rd year in a row making the (for us) 90 mile drive. Our first year of attending, he was practice driving and we needed a destination that would give him daytime highway experience. I had heard about Ciderfest from friends so we decided to try it out. Though Louisburg is a little bit far for us to drive for warm cider doughnuts and hot apple cider on a regular basis, Ciderfest is our family fall kickoff outing. We’ve learned our lesson about which day to go, though; Saturday this year was so much more crowded than Sunday last year.

5. Maya McDonald

I’ve been dying to go to a cider mill! Your photos are gorgeous, and I want that donut in my tummy right meow πŸ™‚

6. Rose Tinted Home

Love this! I’m headed home this weekend to Western New York (from Georgia) and I cannot wait to see the changing leaves, pick apples and enjoy fall! I hope you had a wonderful visit!

xo Rachel

7. Cait Fore

I love the louisburg cider mill!! your pics are precious and i love that pic of your boo and his gma. gotta love it!! i can’t wait to go soon!

xo,
    cait

8. Megan

I was so excited to see the Cider Mill on your blog! I used to live 15 minutes from there and my family used to go there every fall for the pumpkin patch and corn maze. Can’t wait to be able to go back again πŸ™‚

9. Jessica

Hi Joy! I love that his driving practice started a tradition for your family, too cute! I agree, my next visit will have to be on a Sunday πŸ™‚

10. Katie

Yum! That donut looks amazing! Chad and I are planning a trip to a hard cider mill in the coming weeks and I can’t wait! πŸ™‚ Fall is here!

11. Pingback: Fall Bucket List - 26 and Not Counting