A few years ago, you could find me poolside slathering on SPF 8 working on my tan burn lines. Nowadays, I drown myself in SPF 50+, always wear a hat and freak out a little bit when I still get some sun. With that being said, that doesn’t mean I don’t miss looking sun-kissed!
I was so excited when Diana from Positive Radiance Tanning reached out to me about getting a complimentary airbrush tan before my birthday! I’ve never had one before and wasn’t quite sure what to expect.
Diana is bursting with positive energy and her genuine passion for giving people a healthy tan shines through in conversation. She thoroughly explained the process, the do’s & don’ts and made me feel totally at ease during the session. The girl knows her stuff when it comes to airbrush tanning. I think the results speak for themselves, but if that isn’t enough, you can count on the trillion (roughly) compliments I received on how great my skin color looked.
Here are her tips for making a spray tan last:
– Exfoliation is key. Exfoliate your skin with washcloth or exfoliating glove. Do not use a loofah. Loofahs exfoliate unevenly and will cause streaks as your tan fades.
– Shave or wax at least eight hours prior to your appointment. Shaving after your appointment will cause your skin to exfoliate and shorten the life of your tan. Shaving shortly before your tan can cause your pores to open and may leave your legs looking “freckled” after your tanning session.
– Skin should be clean before your airbrush tanning session. Do not use lotion, moisturizer, oils or makeup. Pretty much anything that can block the absorption of your tan. Dry skin areas will be treated prior to your airbrush session.
– Do not use Dove soap. Dove soap will leave a barrier on your skin and can block absorption of the tan. Wear dark, loose fitting clothing to your appointment. Plan to wear these clothes for a few hours after your appointment.
– Chance for rain? Make sure to bring an umbrella. Rain is not nice to fresh airbrush tans!
– Want your airbrush tan to last? Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! You can read more about how to care for your airbrush tan post spray down by visiting Diana’s site. In Kansas City or the surrounding area? Diana is giving away a free airbrush tan and mini bottle of Hempz lotion as a part of the Celebration Giveaway – be sure to enter!