Tomorrow marks 365 days since the first time I hit publish. Unreal. You know how they say that time seems to be going by super slow in the present, but when you look back on it as a whole, it’s as if you blinked and it was over? I swear that happened.I feel like I have so much to say and share, so I’m going to be selfish and spread this celebration out a bit, I hope you don’t mind. If you’re here for the good stuff (the giveaway), I won’t blame you for skipping down to the bottom.
As for the rest of you, here’s one last look at my list! It’s not finished by any means and not everything I set out to accomplish has a neat little check mark next to it, but I’ve decided I’m okay with that, because this past year has been about so much more than this list.
1. Start a blog. I seriously can’t thank you all enough for reading. I never could have imagined how rewarding blogging could be. I’m passionate about this little hobby of mine and it’s been such a great experience watching it grow and transform over the past year.
2. Run a 10k and three 5ks. I ran my first half marathon followed by my second half marathon and rounded things off with a 5k. That’s 29.2 race miles total which surpassed my goal of 15.3 if you break it down, even if I still haven’t officially ran a 10k.
3. Learn how to braid my hair.
4. Make a point to keep in touch with my family out of state more often (call, text, Facebook, send letters, anything really…).
5. Complete a photo-a-day challenge (in it’s entirety). These photos are now buried somewhere deep in my Instagram
, but they’re there!
7. Start using reusable grocery bags. It’s a work in progress to remember to bring my bags along with my grocery list.
8. Volunteer my time. Time. Why isn’t there more of it?
9. Earn a raise (mama needs some new shoes!).
11. Grow a plant. Aside from one of the succulents dying on me, the rest of my DIY terrarium seems to be doing just fine. Thank goodness I don’t have children.
12. Go on a mini vacation/weekend trip. Dallas. Check!
13. Lose the last 10lbs my body is holding onto because I can’t stop eating cheese and bread. I’m proud of myself for losing another10lbs in the last twelve months. It’s been a long process and I’m not quite where I want to be, but I’ll get there. If you’re curious, you can read my full weight loss story
here – shocking, I know.
14. Have a movie marathon with my Dad, with classics like The Breakfast Club. We didn’t get around to this and honestly, it’s my fault. My sweet Dad didn’t know this list existed until just a few months ago and he really wanted to do it over the weekend of the Fourth to “make sure we got it checked off.” Needless to say, the weekend was jam packed and it didn’t happen. Soon, Dad!
15. Start meditating once a week, even if it’s for 15 minutes (hummmmm). Not gonna lie, I don’t always do this. But when I start to feel more stressed than usual, I make time for it!
16. Go to the drive-in movie.
17. Save more money.
19. Run/walk/jog/elliptical my way through 1,000 miles. I traveled 753 miles. Close, but no cigar.
20. Attend a trampoline class at Sky Zone in Kansas City and drag all of my friends along.
21. Try a yoga class.
22. Become CPR certified.
23. Update the pictures in frames around my apartment. I’ve made a few updates and I just got the sweetest photo of my Dad and I from when I was little and it’s sitting on my desk.
24. Get a skin cancer screening at the dermatologist. I blame the DMV on this one. I had scheduled an appointment for July 7th, but it took me 9 HOURS to tag my new car in Missouri and I ended up having to cancel it. Luckily, I’ve got it rescheduled for August, and it will happen.
25. Attend a First Fridays in downtown KC. Take a peek at the events I went to in May and June.
26. Make at least three of the many, many projects I’ve pinned on Pinterest.
I’m a proud plant mom to two terrariums
. As for the other projects? Well……you know that little excuse I made for #8? It can be applied here as well.
27.Write a letter to myself to read next year at this time. I’m excited to break that bad boy open.
So there you have it. A whole years worth of blogging, planning, goal-setting and living. I’m excited to see what year 27 brings, but for now, it’s time to celebrate with a giveaway!
As a thank you to the extremely supportive Kansas City community, I’ve put together a giveaway with a few of my favorite local businesses. You have the chance to win a package that includes: A hair cut with Jordan from Skyline Downtown Salon and a “Blowout Before you Go Out” with a Junior Stylist at Skyline, a killer pair of earrings from Hello Cheeseburger, a Hobo crossbody bag from Tulip Boutique, a $30 gift card to Athleta Kansas City on the Country Club Plaza, along with an Athleta chi tank and a session with a performance stylist who will get you fitted for comfort and success, and last but not least, an airbrush tan from Positive Radiance Airbrush Tanning (which I’m rocking in the photos below, more on that later this week)! One of you is going to be seriously #winning.
|How cute is this crossbody bag?! Photos by Shanley of Eat it KC
What are you celebrating in your life right now? Big or small, I want to hear it! Leave a comment for one entry into the giveaway and be sure to follow along with these great businesses for more chances to win. Contest ends Sunday at midnight CST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’ll be back tomorrow with a fresh list. See you then, friends!
Full disclosure: These items were gifted for the purpose of the giveaway, however, I truly love each business and I’m a huge fan of their products and services! And I may or may not have teared up a bit while writing this. What can I say, I’m a sap.